For more than 25 years, Tucson Water has implemented many different strategies for reducing water consumption in our community, and this includes specific water conservation ordinances.
By codifying these water conservation strategies into law, Tucson’s Mayor and Council have ensured that these policies will remain active and enforceable for many years to come.
- Commercial Rainwater Harvesting - Ordinance 10597
- Emergency Water Conservation - Ordinance 8461
- Plumbing Codes - Ordinance 7178
- Residential Gray Water - Ordinance 10579
- Water Waste and Tampering - Ordinance 6096
- Xeriscape Landscaping and Screening Regulations - Ordinance 7522
For more information on these ordinances, see Tucson City Code, Chapter 27 – “Water”